ACCOUNTING & OPERATIONS MANAGER
We are looking for an Accounting cum Operations Manager to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets, and further manage tour operations at India level.
Accounting Management responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Operations Management entails developing a calendar of tours with locations, dates and times, and ensuring smooth execution. This calendar provides the groundwork for organizing travel and transportation and accommodations.
- Making payments and receipts as necessary for the business and recording them in accounting software (Tally) in a timely manner. Ensure outlined procedures in the Finance Policy are adhered to while making any payments (or) receiving funds.
- Make necessary journal entries as appropriate for appropriate accounting as per standard procedures.
- Ensure necessary documents are maintained for any transactions that are accounted in the software.
- Manage the company bank account/s.
- Preparing Bank Reconciliation statement periodically as per practice
Budgeting and Reporting
- Prepare quarterly fund request for the company in consultation with the general manager & CEO. Prepare variance report with narratives.
- Track the fund request against utilization of funds over a period; highlight issues pertaining to variance to general manager.
- Ensure legal payments such as TDS, Provident Fund, Professional Tax and GST as applicable are paid in time and the reports pertaining to them are submitted on time.
- Manage and handle the ongoing communication with Auditor’s office and build rapport as a single point contact.
- Coordinate in case of periodic audit visits done by auditor’s office to the company and provide them with necessary information, documentation as necessary for completion of timely audit.
- Ownership of operations/tours calendar
- Effective communication and co-ordination with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee the schedule of tours
- Working with 3rd party booking software: booking management and payment collection
- Working with pre-departure information booklet and tour dossiers
- Maintain tight control over check-list(s)
- Confirm and reconfirm travel arrangements
- Liaising with our industry partners/vendors/unit offices to ensure smooth execution of a trip and adherence to company quality standards and branding.
- Fulfils end-to-end operations requirements
The differential for the role is that the GM & CEO can assign other new, unforeseen responsibilities that will ultimately help the organization achieve success.
Education and other required qualifications/experience/skills for the job:
- Hold a graduate degree in commerce and accounts (M.Com preferably)
- Have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in handling accounts function
- Working knowledge in Tally and other cloud based accounting softwares
- Good knowledge of computer – Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Please write us telling us more about you and why you think you’d make a great ABT ambassador.
TOUR GUIDE – FREELANCE
This is not a job. Expect this to be an extended vacation.
The most visible and important role at ABT is the one played by a Trip Leader. If you love to meet new people, have a natural flair for history, art & culture and an enthusiasm for cycling, this may be your calling.
We are committed to our guests having a brilliant time, and that responsibility rests on the shoulders of all of us. The trip leaders are expected to provide our guests fun and knowledgeable company in an easy-going, un-imposing way. Leaders must be extremely organized, flexible, able to master trip logistics, manage finances, represent Art of Bicycle Trips to hotels and subcontractors, educate guests on safe biking skills and techniques, enrich their understanding of an area’s history, culture, and geology, motivate guests who wish to challenge themselves and provide a stimulating experience for everyone. Leaders will be necessarily upholding the legendary service and attention to detail – this means proactiveness in problem solving and reacting effectively to resolve situations.
In a day, a Trip Leader must be able to change many hats, depending on the need of the hour. The day can start as early as 6am, sometimes ending past midnight. The day might include, wrenching on the bike to creating gourmet picnics and speaking with confidence on the local culture. From a biking point of you, the leader is supposed to lead the trip from front and ride with guests all the time.
As challenging as being a Trip Leader may sound, the rewards are monumental. It entails leading a unique and enriching life by meeting a diverse set of people, travelling to various parts of the country and not being bound by a cubicle. It hones leadership skills and ability to manage the business trip efficiently.
Out of all the roles, a trip leader’s is the one marked by a range of skills. To apply for this, one must be proficient in ALL of the below:
- Avid and experienced cyclist
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Make an affable and superior host
- Solution – oriented and resourceful
- Culturally Knowledgeable or Willing to Learn
- A thorough professional
- Be cognizant of safety on the roads
- Responsible with finances
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Should have thorough knowledge of the mechanics of the cycles
- Physically competent
- Exudes energy
Please fill below application form telling us more about you and why you think you’d make a great ABT Leader.